R/GA – Senior Visual Designer
Visual Designer and Senior Visual Designer
Akbank, with its vision being the “creation of the future of banking” is leading the way and taking digital transformation to the next level in all areas. As a part of this plan, with the objective of achieving holistic design in all its products and services, Akbank has decided to partner up with one of world’s leading innovation agencies R/GA to create a brand new “Design Studio” in-house.
About Akbank Design Studio
The Akbank Design Studio – which will be in action this year, will be functioning in two different locations: Akbank HQ and Akbank Gebze Banking Center. The initiative will be formed and managed by talents selected specifically for this within Akbank as well as R/GA London and Istanbul teams who are ready and eager to share their leading and best in class methodologies and expertise. Led by Akbank, R/GA will kick-start the Design Studio by talent-hunting, as well as establishing new ways of working and with their R/GA University expertise, train this talent on areas from strategy to user experience and visual design.
Role and Responsibilities
Visual Designers are makers and storytellers that use design to bring ideas to life. They lead projects into uncharted creative territories and synthesize new outcomes. They’re design fundamentalists, but approach projects with rational and innovative mindsets. They identify user needs, interpret client challenges and define visual language, always mindful of how it looks and how it works.
As a Senior Visual Designer, you’ll define concepts, create design strategies and systems, and oversee the delivery of visual design artifacts. Translate and extend our design system, taking into consideration existing brand guidelines and aesthetics.
- Articulate a design system in a consistent way across all touch points
- Excellent attention to detail when creating design artifacts and assets
- Creates designs such as user interface, layouts and storyboards
- Defines and able to set art direction to a high standard
- Understands and is able to extend the visual language of a project, taking into consideration existing brand guidelines and aesthetics
- Advanced knowledge of Brand and Visual Design as a discipline and a practice
- Has a holistic understanding and ability to assess the competitive landscape of design and branding
- Manages and maintains the quality of design throughout all phases of the project
- Partners with strategy, creative teams, UX, technology, and project management to ensure the project meets objectives and deadlines
- Works across multiple digital and physical channels
- Is a team player and confident working with clients and other disciplines
- Self-sufficient and able to work independently if required, with minor support from senior team members
- Ensuring ideas are grounded in strategy and technology
The ideal person
- Has a proven ability to produce cutting edge creative work, and a master-level understanding of design, including typography and layout
- Exhibits exceptional communication skills within the R/GA agency team and Akbank teams
- Has strong presentation skills
- Is a master of Sketch, Photoshop, and uses prototyping tools like InVision and Framer.
- On top of emerging interactive design trends
- Must have experience in creating visual interface designs for websites and mobile applications.
- Preferable experience working in product development sprints before.
- 2+ years (for Visual Designer), 5-7+ years (for Sr. Visual Designer) agency or similar experience
- Advanced knowledge of design fundamentals, methodologies and techniques
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign), Sketch, InVision and Keynote
- Motion design experience is a plus
- Interest in emerging technologies
- Digital design portfolio