R/GA – Senior Experience Designer
Experience Designer and Senior Experience Designer
Akbank, with its vision being the “creation of the future of banking” is leading the way and taking digital transformation to the next level in all areas. As a part of this plan, with the objective of achieving holistic design in all its products and services, Akbank has decided to partner up with one of world’s leading innovation agencies R/GA to create a brand new “Design Studio” in-house.
About Akbank Design Studio
The Akbank Design Studio – which will be in action this year, will be functioning in two different locations: Akbank HQ and Akbank Gebze Banking Center. The initiative will be formed and managed by talents selected specifically for this within Akbank as well as R/GA London and Istanbul teams who are ready and eager to share their leading and best in class methodologies and expertise. Led by Akbank, R/GA will kick-start the Design Studio by talent-hunting, as well as establishing new ways of working and with their R/GA University expertise, train this talent on areas from strategy to user experience and visual design.
Role and Responsibilities
Our Experience Design team creates intuitive, engaging experiences that people want to visit, use, and visit again. They know how a product should look, feel and work, and understand what users need and want in the digital space and in real life.
- Has an excellent foundation in their craft, with high attention to detail and precision.
- Creates an excellent outcome to existing and new assets.
- Has a holistic understanding and ability to assess the competitive landscape: usage patterns, usability and branding.
- Has a portfolio of projects across clients that shows the ability to produce, systematic, mobile, and responsive solutions.
- Creates narrative and/or systematic work that is legible and interesting. Excels in their discipline, demonstrating a consistently high level of craft.
- Is advanced and self-sufficient in producing deliverables, tools and target outputs.
- Understands which tools and techniques are needed for specific projects and lead the right tool selection.
- Interest in innovation within the product design and service design industries.
The ideal person
- Both a conceptual thinker with exceptional XD skills, knowledgeable and up to date on industry innovations.
- Thinks creatively, strategically and can make sound business decisions taking into account the opinions of numerous internal partners.
- Shows point of view on specific areas of interest within experience design, industry trends or sectors and is confident in promoting them both internally and externally from the agency channels.
- Engages in training, conferences or other events that further their craft, either within the Design Studio or personally.
- Expresses a desire to learn more about new innovations and technologies, and shares what they learn if it could be of interest to the team
- Strives to drive collaboration within multi-disciplinary teams in a fast paced environment.
- 2+ years (for Experience Designer), 5 – 7+ years (for Sr. Exp. Designer) experience in Experience Design
- Proficiency in Sketch, Adobe Creative package, InDesign, prototyping tools like Framer or Principle.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and leadership potential